Are you feeling it? The deep down, tired in your bones, I love the holiday’s but can I get some peace and quiet yet? Whatever holiday’s you are celebrating at this time of year, I want to wish you and yours good health and happiness. I also want to give you some tools to make it through the next couple of weeks with your sanity intact.
Today’s “Do you dōTERRA daily?” is about self-care.
Just for fun, on top of the holidays, my sweet daughter decided to throw in a wedding on January 2nd. It will be a lovely one, but I knew a few things had to go for me to keep be able to get other things done.
Things I let go of this year:
- I didn’t decorate… at all
- No family newsletter/Christmas card
- I didn’t make cookies for all of my neighbors (although I still might, if the mood hits me)
- I didn’t do an advent
- I didn’t do a secret Santa
What I am doing instead:
- Taking the time I need to prepare for my daughter’s wedding
- Making her bridal veil, because I want to not because I have to
- Playing games with my family (Sorry and Skipbo are family favs)
- Teaching my grown-up kids how to make some of my recipes so that they know how to make them for themselves when they can’t be home
- And using my oils…all of them LOL! My happy place go to is Citrus Bliss
This time of year can be overwhelming for so may reasons but most of all…because we let it. Take “you” time. It is not selfish; the world won’t collapse because you decided to take a bath. (make sure to add bath salts with EO) And be sure to drink plenty of water, exercise a little and stretch.
You might not be able to accomplish everything that you want to do, make sure that you prioritize so you get the important things accomplished. Most of all, be present…that is the best present you can give!