It is the WORST feeling when your little one is not feeling well and so often we feel helpless. Applying essential oils is a great way to use four of our 5 senses at the same time to help our little ones feel better.
Sight – They can see you are present and paying attention to only them.
Smell – The amazing aroma of the essential oils helps calm and relax not only your child but any anxious momma feelings.
Touch – Mom’s soothing touch is the best kind of “medicine”. The love that is expressed helps mom and child feel safe and protected.
Sound – Now this one really is up to you. I sing or hum to my children but if that isn’t your thing then soft music playing is a great choice.
If we want to go for all 5 senses then check out this great recipe for Honey Lollipops.
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup honey
2 tablespoons water
5 drops Lemon oil, or oil of choice
1. Pour the sugar, honey, and water into a medium saucepan.
2. On medium heat, stir ingredients together with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves.
3. Once sugar dissolves, place a candy thermometer in the pan and allow ingredients to boil.
4. While the mixture is boiling, prepare candy molds with non-stick spray and sucker sticks.
5. Let mixture boil until temperature reaches 295° F, or the hard crack stage.
6. Immediately pour into a heat-resistant measuring cup. Add essential oil and stir.
7. Pour mixture into candy molds. Twist sucker sticks to make sure they are fully coated.
8. Let suckers rest for at least 30 minutes before removing from mold.
Tip: If you decide to use another oil, consider reducing five drops oil to a toothpick or one to two drops when using an oil you would usually dilute for sensitivity, such as Cinnamon Bark.
I am excited to share that I’ve written a children’s book entitled Mom’s Got An Oil For That! and is now live on Kickstarter. Visit this website to know more about this lovely book. And if you don’t have a mom in your life right now… not to worry, more books are coming. Don’t forget to like Mom’s Got An Oil For That on Facebook and please follow @momsgotanoilforthat on Instagram.
You may also visit Mom’s Got an Oil For That on Kickstarter and please consider backing. Thanks a lot!